Granny

 






let me tell you a story


one that is a soup made with the 26


letters


with the right amount of consonants and


vowels as per taste


and of course requirement so we begin


the same way


we always do once upon a time


amongst other old women there was one


who was


very very cheerful and although she had


very little to make her happy


she knew that life is a journey that one


makes


either with a smile or a frown on 



their   face


she chose the former


hello priscilla my dear how is the


morning treating you


why i am all over the place trying to


manage the house


now now dear don't get so worked up


tell me if i can help you


aren't you the best yes


the happy old woman earned a living by


running errands for her neighbors


in return she'd get a meal or a bowl 


of  soup


or sometimes a penny or two life    


was    good


and the old woman never saw or found a


reason to complain


but you might ask what is so interesting


about her life


or the story right well here's where it


gets interesting


very very interesting


ah winter is coming i need to gather


woods for me


self to keep myself warm


that day the old woman set out into 


the   woods


with a bounce in her step and a sweet


tune in her mouth


suddenly she came upon a ditch 


and   inside it


she saw a big brown pot lying


goody goody my goodness me now who could


have left it in the ditch


where is the owner of this


the old woman waited looked about around


her expecting the owner to show up


but no one did maybe it has been 


cast   away


well one man's trash is another one's


treasure this spot would do fine to 


put   a flower in from my window


goody good goodness me


if it isn't full of gold pieces here is


luck i feel rich awful rich


i feel rich awful rich   rich rich


the old woman tried to lift the pot 


but     it was too heavy for her


after much thinking she saw no 


better


way than to drag it behind her like a




go-cart



ah the neighbors will never know i will


drop them each a piece of 



gold   secretly


so that they are happy too i'll buy a


grand


house then just sit by the fire with a


cup of tea


and do no work at all like a queen


oh how lovely it will be to sit by the


fire on a chair and have my tea


i have always wanted a chair for myself


goodness me i am rich




by this time she was a bit tired of


dragging such a heavy weight


and stopped to rest for a while turned


to look at her treasure


and lo it wasn't a pot of gold at all


it was nothing but a lump of silver


what oh how silly of me


all this while i was thinking that it


was a pot of gold


i must have been dreaming but this 



is    luck too


silver is far less trouble easier to


keep


and doesn't attract attention maybe 


my     house would be as


grand but i can still sit on my chair by


the fireplace and have my tea


so she went off again planning what she


would do and feeling as rich as before


until becoming a bit tired again she


stopped to rest


and gave a look round to see if her


treasure was safe


and she saw nothing but a great 


lump of   iron


what oh silly of me


all this while i was thinking that it


was silver


i must have been dreaming


but this is luck too i can sell the iron


and get


money in return then i wouldn't need to


hide anything


and be about my business sure i will not


be able to buy a new house


but i can still build a little fireplace


for me   and buy a chair ah


to sit by the fireplace and have


my tea what a life


and so off she went again dreaming about


what she would do with her money


until becoming a bit tired again


this time it was not a lump of iron but   a big stone


gritty goody my goodness me


i am in luck the luckiest i would say


all the gold and silver and money would


have given me a headache


but this this is just perfect i have


been wanting a stone to stick open 


my  gate


this solves everything what luck


and so all in a hurry to see how the


stone would keep the gate open


she trotted off down the hill till she


came to her own cottage


and as she turned to unfasten her 


shawl   from the stone


she saw to her surprise that the stone


had become bigger goodness me


this is just perfect i can sit on this


and have my tea i don't need a chair


this will do just fine


ah finally i have something to sit on


and have my tea


and before she could bend down to touch


it the stone turned into a big


lump of cotton and then from it came out


four white legs


and two ears and a face a face that


looked like that of a beast


with canine teeth protruding over 


the  lips


his eyes were red and its eyebrows


arched    it was the cotton beast


my goodness me aren't you


adorable i have always wanted a 



pet  huh what come on



in little guy what kind of a person


are you i have tried to lure you with


gold


than with silver then i changed into 



a  lump of iron


and then a stone and you were just as


happy each time


and now when i show you my dreaded self


you call me adorable well of course


you are adorable i can't stay here 


any   longer


and saying so the cotton monster turned


into a butterfly


and flew away the old woman looked at it


and then simply shrugging her shoulders


went back inside her house


and when she entered her house to her


surprise


she saw the lump of stone lying on 



her  floor


what and then as she watched in wonder


the stone turned into a beautiful wooden   chair  oh my this is just


perfect i better make myself some tea


oh goodness me the lump of iron


i will sell it first thing tomorrow



my goodness me


oh how happy the old woman was 


in her  happiness


she twirled around and to her surprise


saw the pot of gold


the pot of gold the silver pot the 


iron lump


the chair oh goody goody me goodness me


the old woman was ecstatic as she 



always    was



and as you can tell she did not  


become   greedy


she shared her treasure with her


neighbors secretly


and all were happy especially the 


old  woman


who taught us that it's not about being


content


it's about learning how to turn


disappointments into opportunities to


see things from another perspective


and you will never ever be sad


you


Previous Post Next Post