Gardener










The gardener five miles from the


hustle-bustle of the City of London


there was a small town quiet lush and


beautiful where great nobleman and


ministers held their summer mansions


this is the story of the most celebrated


Manor of them all one which was


beautiful beyond imaginations


their gardener Larsson manicured the


longs to precision his relentless


passion for gardening made sure that


rare flowers lined the stoned paths and


covered the crisp stone walls delicious


fruit hung in great clusters on strong


stoic trees and the best vegetables grew


in the elaborate kitchen garden with the


rarest of plants adorning the expansive


green house this mansion was a statement


of natural beauty and the owners were


proud of it they would be certain to


visit the estate every summer what a


beautiful estate we have oh the effort


we need to put in to maintain it but is


it worth the hard work after all


the estate bears the name of our family


on it whatever we do is little as


compared to the order our estate brings  us


your lordship sir welcome hello Larsen


what have you got for us this year sir I


have been tending Indian mangoes for


over five years now root requires a


particular kind of soil and special


methods of watering I spent months


studying how to grow it but that is


enough Lawson do we have a crop oh yes


here it is


I picked the best ones for you I picked


them myself


perfect shape and perfect size I wish


you'd wash up awesome oh sorry I have


just been digging up for these new


radishes from France cook these up and


let's go see if Lawson's Indian mangoes


are any good you should have had them


cut up already Lawson I am sorry ma'am


I'll just wash up are they good sir


ma'am they're quite sir all right sir


his lordship Lord Cornwall is here to


see you Oh sanjivini I am already in my


friend hello so good to see you all


those Indian mangoes well



hmm these are delicious the best I have


ever had when did you go to India these


are not from India lost and managed to


grow them right here on our estate


Larsen you are a miracle worker Lawson


didn't you have work in the garden oh  yes ma'am


my radishes I tell you you may proceed


to the garden Lawson I tell you it is so


exhausting to have the estate maintained


so oh I get so tired well I am here to


invite you to a get-together tomorrow


night I hope you can make it convenient


it will be a pleasure lord Cornwall we


shall be there and may I take some of


the mangoes Lawson is a true master here


it is not Lawson but rather the


blessings of our ancestors on this land


do take as many mangoes as you like I


shall have them packed right away



the next night the Lord and the mistress


went to Lourdes Cornwall's hung there


with the sumptuous food the guests were


served apples and pears truly the most


delicious any guests had ever had truly


the apples and pears are most delicious


are these from your estate who is your


gardener lord Cornwall oh I do not have


a gardener I am looking for one these


are from the fruit who called John at


the local marketplace he said he got the


fruit especially for tonight


where'd the fruit rose his fruit will


help salutely exotic we would have


expected such fruit from your garden


Lord Maxwell Lord Maxwell went home and


insulted man asked Lawson to see me  immediately yes sir


Lawson truly must do a better job of the


gardener you asked for me your lordship


well we just had the most beautiful


delicious apples and pears at Lord


Cornwallis you must go to the fruit er


some John from the local market and ask


him where he got the fruit from and then


learn from whoever the farmer is as to


how he got them to be so delicious John


from the local market well I just sold


him a batch this morning he said he


wanted apples and pears for a very


special get-together tonight I had no


idea it was the same get-together that


you went for so those apples and pears


were from our garden can you prove it oh


yes here is the bee loves the sails sir


I had tried a special combination of


soil and manure to get the fruit to be


larger and juicier and Lawson you might


have had us taste them first but I did


serve them to you last time you were


here and you said they were quite all  right


enough now get us some more the fruit


and we shall send baskets of them to all


our friends and tell them that they are


from our garden from the blessings of


our ancestors truly Lawson you should be


careful about these things ah


nowproceed Lawson you toil day and night


in the garden it is because of you that


the garden is the most beautiful estate


in the entire country and yet they never


say one word of praise for you ha ah the


packing is done now I can go and see to


the blue lotuses Blue Lotus


yes and don't worry too much about it as


long as they let me do whatever I want


in the garden I am fine the next morning


Lord Maxwell received an urgent message


the king and princess wanted him to come


to the palace immediately for some


important business what is it dear the


king and the princess have called me to


the palace immediately on the business


of Alabama you will have to leave right


away I shall help you pack well


shouldn't I carry a gift for the


princess but we do have time to get


something for her


the princess is a connoisseur of rare


flowers call Lawson here so Larson was


asked to bring a rare flower from the


garden and he presented his Blue Lotus


to Lord Maxwell are you sure it is rare


oh yes your lordship it is found only in


the high mountains of India and Tibet


but I enough worsen the Millan's


melons yes the royal chef requested me


to send up some melons to the castle the


royal family had loved our melons last


year do you have proof oh here is the


note the royal chef sent me this morning


sir you should have had us taste them I


did ma'am but you said that they were


quite alright last summer the Royal


gardener's crop failed so he asked me


for some and he presented them to the


chef and to the royal family now don't


get all muddled you must leave now dear


my dear keep the melons in the carriage


Lord Maxwell presented the flower to the


princess and she was delighted


she had the flower put in a crystal bowl


right in the center of the conference


table but a jealous courtier remarked to


Lord Maxwell the flower you gave the


princess is quite common isn't it


you mustn't let Lawson fool you on this


world Maxwell there is a corner I know o


is much better than Orson you must


employ him instead


Lord Maxwell was very angry to hear what


the courtier had said he went back to


his Manor to take Larsson to task when


he reached the Manor Larsson was in the


garden talking to lady Maxwell Lawson  please


let me take these old dead trees down I


shall grow a patch of oats here and lots


of birds will then come into the garden


to eat and the garden will be full of


their happy chatter and will come alive


with their vibrant colors those trees


have been there forever Lawson from


before you came here you will not touch


them but Sir I thought


don't forget Lawson this garden belongs


to our family how dare you decide how to


run it I am sorry sir you will stay here


no longer the good courtier is sending


another gardener to us and your services


will no longer be required sir you gave


me a common flower to give the princess


calling it rare now I shall have to


write a letter to her to apologize but


don't make me repeat just go


so Larson had to leave the manor and the


beautiful garden he attended with such


love and care for so many years in the


meanwhile Lord Maxwell wrote a letter of


apology to the princess



your highness I deeply regret to inform


you that the Blue Lotus I had presented


to you on my recent visit to the palace


was not rare as I had been told it was I


apologize for the oversight and I hope


you will forgive me and understand that


I had no intention of deliberately


misrepresenting facts before you yours


sincerely Lord Maxwell dear lord Maxwell


I do know that the flower you presented


to me was indeed a rare one even if it


were common in Indian Tibet it is rare


in our part of the world and it is


really incredible that your gardener


Larsen managed to grow it in our climate


for that he must be applauded I have


heard so much about your state and


Larson's garden that I should really


like to visit as it is late this year


I propose to vist next summer if it does


not inconvenience you in any way yours


sincerely princess flora great


preparations were made for the visit of


the princess new seeds were procured new


flowers bought all of it with the new


gardener for the Maxwells never


considered it to be Larsen's garden it


was always theirs and theirs alone in


the meanwhile Larsen had found a    home  with Lord Cornwall


and was working his magic in Lord


Cornwallis garden a year past it was


summer again and the Maxwells awaited


the visit of the princess the princess


reached this small town stopped


treatment stopped a patch of oats that


the birds can feed on only Larson could


have thought of it this simply must be  the place


your highness I am quite sure that Lord


Mac's Rosa state is a little way ahead


and I am sure but this must be his state


this has to be the most beautiful garden


in the whole country it can only be the


handiwork of the good Larson yes is that


you yes I am princess flora princess I


am so sorry ma'am


I must wash up it just goes to show with


how much passion you do your worst


do you have my favorite melons yes I


shall bring them out right away in the


meanwhile the coachman had sent a


message to Lord Maxwell that the


princess had arrived they rushed to Lord


Cornwall's estate


princess flora your highness


our estate is a little up the hill but


Lawson is here then princess flora was


told of how Larson had been made to


leave after giving a common flower for


the princess princess flora heard she


was wise enough to realize that The


Selfish Maxwell's had never appreciated


Larson for his great talent and love of


gardening she decided to put that right


blossom you are a wonderfully talented


and passionate gardener and I give you a


garden and a mansion all of your own


where you can do all the gardening you


want in any way that you want and you


shall be paid from the royal treasury


let all who see your garden call it


lasses paradise and that is how it shall


be known all over the country


finally Larsen got the appreciation he  deserved





Previous Post Next Post